Summer Math Teacher
Full-Time Temporary Position
Through a combination of individual mentoring; academic enrichment, support, and counseling; career exploration; and college financial aid, First Graduate engages young people in a comprehensive program designed to increase knowledge, improve skills, and build confidence.
• Develop curriculum and teach two classes to middle school students with focus on either pre-algebra (7th grade) or algebra (8th-9th grades) with a focus on CAHSEE Prep concepts.
• Evaluate student progress and performance.
• Manage and coordinate study hall sessions.
• Collaborate with other teachers to ensure alignment of curriculum and assessments.
• Participate in special Friday activities (i.e. college tour, Career Day, etc.).
• Three or more years of middle and/or high school teaching experience with youth of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Effective planning, organizational, and logistical skills.
• All potential employees are required to pass a criminal background check via fingerprinting.
• Current California Teaching Credential in a core subject.
• Experience working in or with San Francisco public schools.
• Fluency in foreign languages spoken by families of target population (especially, Spanish and Cantonese).
Dates of Employment and Compensation
• June 11-July 27, Mondays-Thursdays, 8:30 am -1:45 pm; Fridays, 9:00 am -- 3 pm
(These 7 weeks include one shortened week for Orientation, five weeks of instruction, and one short week for wrap-up.)
• Salary: $3500.
Send cover letter, resume, and two references by April 20, 2012.
Presidio of San Francisco
37 Graham St. Suite100 & 101
San Francisco, CA 94129
First Graduate is an equal opportunity employer