We offer free college and career coaching to 361 San Francisco-based students. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fourth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets 300+ hours of personalized attention annually.
What our students are saying:
- First Graduate is going to help me do better in school.7th Grader
- First Graduate helped me realize that college was a possibility.12th Grader
- The one thing that I really loved about the program were the academic classes.9th Grader
- Make First Graduate a school.7th Grader
- I really love how they have good staff and peer mentors.8th Grader
- Thanks to First Graduate's academic support I was able to graduate from high school and am now finishing my first year at college.JoannaCollege Freshman