There are over 450 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career coaching through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets more than 150 hours of free personalized coaching annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 100%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 100%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest Graduating College Cohort
What our students are saying:
- Make First Graduate a school.7th Grader
- With First Graduate I felt like I was 10 steps ahead of all my friends at school.DaisyCollege Student
- First Graduate is going to help me do better in school.7th Grader
- This program has helped me realize that I am capable of going to college, and the college tours helped me to start thinking about where I want to go.10th Grader
- My grades were suffering, so I came to First Graduate in search of a way to improving my academics.9th Grader
- The one thing that I really loved about the program were the academic classes.9th Grader