There are over 450 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets 300+ hours of free personalized attention annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 100%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 100%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest College Graduates
What our students are saying:
- I've learned many things during my years with First Graduate, but above all I have learned the importance of staying on track and taking advantage of help and opportunities offered to me.AlexisCollege Freshman
- First Graduate is going to help me do better in school.7th Grader
- With First Graduate I felt like I was 10 steps ahead of all my friends at school.DaisyCollege Student
- I want to be that person who people look up to, who people say "She went to college."KrystalCollege Student
- I love having my English and math teachers because they are funny and make learning interesting.9th Grader
- Thanks to First Graduate's academic support I was able to graduate from high school and am now finishing my first year at college.JoannaCollege Freshman