There are over 450 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets 300+ hours of free personalized attention annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 100%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 100%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest College Graduates
What our students are saying:
- First Graduate helped me get into a great high school. They prepared me to take the entrance test...When I got accepted to the Bay School I was really happy because I didn't think I could make it, but I did.8th Grader
- First Graduate is the best support system I have besides my parents.AdrielleCollege Student
- My grades were suffering, so I came to First Graduate in search of a way to improving my academics.9th Grader
- I loved the teachers and the academic classes.7th Grader
- First Graduate is going to help me do better in school.7th Grader
- First Graduate is the safety harness that catches us when we fall.College Freshman