There are over 450 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career coaching through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets more than 150 hours of free personalized coaching annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 100%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 100%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest Graduating College Cohort
What our students are saying:
- First Graduate helped me realize that college was a possibility.12th Grader
- I had a great summer and didn't forget things I normally would've forgotten. I loved Career Day where I went to a REAL college campus.7th Grader
- First Graduate helped me with the application to a Catholic high school which I had no idea how to do, and in the end I was accepted.9th Grader
- I cannot put into words how amazing this program is! I am so glad and thankful that I joined 10+ years ago. The staff and supporters continue to go out of their way to make sure each student has the tools to get into college, succeed in college, and succeed in life.LoriFG Alum
- With First Graduate I felt like I was 10 steps ahead of all my friends at school.DaisyCollege Student
- The best thing that happened this year at First Graduate is that I got better at math.8th Grader