There are 467 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career coaching through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets more than 150 hours of free personalized coaching annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 99%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 99%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest Graduating College Cohort
What our students are saying:
- This program has helped me realize that I am capable of going to college, and the college tours helped me to start thinking about where I want to go.10th Grader
- I loved the teachers and the academic classes.7th Grader
- I want to be that person who people look up to, who people say "She went to college."KrystalCollege Student
- My grades were suffering, so I came to First Graduate in search of a way to improving my academics.9th Grader
- First Graduate is the best support system I have besides my parents.AdrielleCollege Student
- I cannot put into words how amazing this program is! I am so glad and thankful that I joined 10+ years ago. The staff and supporters continue to go out of their way to make sure each student has the tools to get into college, succeed in college, and succeed in life.LoriFG Alum