There are 467 students in San Francisco that currently receive free college and career coaching through First Graduate. We make a 10-year commitment to each student, starting the summer after sixth grade through college graduation; our fifth cohort of students just became the first in their families to graduate from college!
Our students experience a rigorous five-week Summer Session; year-round academic instruction and tutoring; high school and college counseling; mentoring; internships; career exploration; and college application and financial aid application coaching.
Each student gets more than 150 hours of free personalized coaching annually.
Academics & Demographics
First Graduate high school seniors that graduate: 99%
First Graduate high school graduates enrolled in a two or four-year college: 99%
First Graduate students that are CSU eligible: 88%
First Graduate high school students with a 3.3 GPA or higher: 68%
Come from immigrant families
Qualify for free or reduced lunches
The Odds They Face
of Black and Latino Students graduate high school.
of first generation students will graduate college without help.
SFUSD students come from a household without a college degree.
Meet Our Newest Graduating College Cohort
What our students are saying:
- My grades were suffering, so I came to First Graduate in search of a way to improving my academics.9th Grader
- I love having my English and math teachers because they are funny and make learning interesting.9th Grader
- Fun academic classes, I enjoyed English and STEM.8th Grader
- I've learned many things during my years with First Graduate, but above all I have learned the importance of staying on track and taking advantage of help and opportunities offered to me.AlexisCollege Freshman
- First Graduate helped me realize that college was a possibility.12th Grader
- First Graduate is the safety harness that catches us when we fall.College Freshman